Have you ever wondered how to view a video frame by frame on YouTube? If your answer is yes, you are not alone. Many people often search for ways to review Youtube videos frame by frame and there are actually several options available. In this blog, we will provide you with tips and instructions on how to go frame by frame in Youtube. Now, let’s get started!
- 1 How to go frame by frame in Youtube?
- 2 Useful hints to view frame-by-frame YouTube
How to go frame by frame in Youtube?
Most YouTube viewers are unaware of the site’s many hidden capabilities. But, YouTube’s lack of public promotion of these functions is not their fault. One such function is the frame-by-frame navigation available when watching films.
Here is how to move frame by frame in youtube:
Visit the site YouTube
To get started, just head on over to YouTube. Being a YouTube member simplifies the process of finding something to watch. It’s possible that you already have the desired video stored in your watch later playlist, in which case you can watch it frame by frame whenever you like.
Search a video on Youtube
To find a video you want to watch if you don’t have one already! If you’ve ever used YouTube, you know how simple it is to browse for clips to watch. Use the search bar to find what you’re looking for, check out your subscriptions, and peruse the home screen’s suggestions.
Stop the video
Once you’ve found the video, hit pause. It’s important to remember that pausing the video is a must if you’re going frame by frame! Each time you stop the video, you’ll see an image of what was last viewed on-screen.
Start moving frames
At this point, simply press the left and right arrow keys to move back and forth in the video. Notice that every time you move forward or backward, the image on-screen changes slightly with each step. By pressing these keys, you can make sure to catch every single frame of your favorite videos!
To move forward one frame, press the period key
Just pressing the period key on your keyboard will allow you to advance the frame you are viewing by one. At first, you might have trouble distinguishing between the two separate frames that are being used. You will, however, observe considerable changes reflected on your screen if you skip forward numerous frames in the animation.
To go back to one frame, hit the comma key
You are able to travel backward through the animation as well as forwards via each individual frame. Just pressing the comma key on your computer will advance the timeline back one frame. Once more, you will need to move back several frames in order to notice significant changes reflected in the video that you are currently watching.
Useful hints to view frame-by-frame YouTube
Although there are many methods to view yt frame by frame, there are just 3 common techniques that many users find the most convenient.
Watch youtube frame-by-frame with keyboard shortcuts
The most popular method for frame-by-frame Youtube play is using the arrow keys and comma key. The left arrow or right arrow will take you to the previous or next frame, while the comma key can go back one frame at a time. This technique helps you pinpoint specific moments within a video so it’s useful when you need to review a clip in detail.
Watch youtube frame-by-frame with VLC Media Player
There is a fantastic option to watch films on YouTube frame by frame through the use of a web browser, and that is by employing a standard video player. This is the case in the event that you do not enjoy making frequent use of web browsers. Even though there are a number of video players accessible, the VLC media player is distinguished by its premium features and sophisticated control options. It is compatible with Windows and may assist you in playing videos frame by frame without causing you any problems.
Here is a detailed instruction on how to watch YouTube videos frame by frame with VLC Media Player:
- Download and install the player on your computer.
- Open up YouTube and search for the video that you would like to watch frame by frame with a VLC media player.
- Copy the URL of the video from the address bar in your web browser.
- Now open up VLC Media Player, click on “Media” and select “Open Network Stream”.
- Paste the URL of the video in the text box that appears and click on the “Play” button to start playing your YouTube video.
- While the video is playing, pause it and hit the arrow keys to move it one frame at a time.
- To reverse the frame, press the “Shift” key along with the arrow keys.
- To move forward or backward in the video, drag and drop the slider at the bottom of VLC Media Player.
- You can also adjust other settings such as playback speed from within VLC media player’s Options menu.
This is a great way to capture screenshots or save images from YouTube videos. You can also use this method to extract frames from other types of videos as well. So get creative and have some fun!
Watch youtube frame-by-frame with the site’s extension
To see videos frame by frame, you may find it more convenient to use a browser plugin or a website that is not affiliated with YouTube. This is because YouTube’s functionality can be difficult to use until you become familiar with it.
Thus, curious about how to go about doing that. This is the simplest version of the technique! Here is a detailed guidance spend for you:
- You can use your preferred browser to look for the video you want, or you can go to YouTube.com and sign in with your Google Account. Make sure you copy the URL of the video you want to watch.
- Now access this page for the third-party extension, and paste the copied URL into the box that’s been provided.
- To begin watching the video, click on the icon that says “Watch Now.”
- Once you have the video stopped where you want it, change your steps to “1 Frame,” then set the frame rate to 30 frames per second.
- With the use of the advance and backward buttons, you can now effortlessly watch the video frame by frame without any difficulty.
If the website that was just mentioned does not function, here is another website that is very similar that allows you to watch videos on YouTube frame by frame. It can be accomplished by a series of processes that are, to some extent, analogous to those described earlier. On the other hand, the user interface of this website might have been updated slightly. In addition, these websites can be accessed via desktop computers as well as mobile phones.
In sum, it’s easy know how to go frame by frame in Youtube, right? Easy peasy, just follow the steps and methods above, and you will easily watch YouTube videos frame by frame. Besides, you can also use other websites to have the same experience as well. Thanks for reading! Repeattube.net hopes that this information will useful for you!