YouTube is a powerful platform that can be used to share your content with the world. Not only is it a great place to host videos, but it can also be used to drive traffic to your website. In order to make sure that you’re getting the most out of YouTube, you need to understand what public watch hours are. In this blog post, we will discuss what are public watch hours on youtube and how they impact your YouTube channel. We will also provide some tips on how to increase your public watch hours!
- 1 What are Public Watch Hours on YouTube?
- 2 When does it not count as public watch time on YouTube?
- 3 How to Increase Your YouTube Public Watch Hours?
- 4 FAQ – Public watch hours youtube
What are Public Watch Hours on YouTube?
Public watch hours are the amount of time that people spend watching your videos. Public Watch Hours on YouTube are 4000 valid watch hours that you have accrued within the last 12 months. 4000 valid watch hours means that your videos must be: open to the public, at least 3 minutes long, and must have generated 4000 total views.
If you do not have 4000 valid watch hours, your channel will not be eligible for monetization. In order to monetize your channel, you must first complete an application process and be approved by YouTube. After you have been approved, you will need to link a AdSense account in order to receive payments. 4000 valid watch hours is a lot of time, but it is worth it if you are looking to make money from your YouTube channel.
When does it not count as public watch time on YouTube?
There are a few conditions under which public watch time on YouTube does not count. These include:
- If the video is less than three minutes long, public watch time does not accrue
- If the viewer watches a video without sound, no public watch time is accrued
- If a video is watched more than once, only the first viewing counts towards public watch time
- If a video is watched on a private page or through an embed that does not have public view settings enabled, no public watch time is accrued
- If a video is age-restricted or set as made for kids, no public watch time is accrued
- If a user is watching a live stream, no public watch time is accrued
- If a user is watching a video that is part of a playlist, only the watch time for the first video in the playlist will be counted towards public watch time
- If a user watches a video on demand that was part of a live stream, only the watch time for the on-demand video will be counted towards public watch time
These are the conditions under which public watch time on YouTube does not count. If a video meets any of these criteria, then the public watch time for that video will not be counted.
How to Increase Your YouTube Public Watch Hours?
There are a few key things you can do to increase your YouTube public watch hours. First, create quality content that viewers will want to watch. Make sure your videos are well-produced and engaging, and offer something unique that viewers can’t find elsewhere.
Second, promote your videos heavily through social media and other channels. Get as many people as possible to watch your videos, and encourage them to share your content with their friends.
Third, optimize your videos for search engines so that they come up higher in search results. This will help more people find and watch your videos.
Finally, keep track of your public watch hours and make sure you’re consistently meeting the minimum requirements. This will ensure that your channel remains in good standing with YouTube and that your videos are being seen by as many people as possible.
Related Post: How to Lock YouTube Screen On iPhone And Android Devices?
FAQ – Public watch hours youtube
How do I get more public watch hours on YouTube?
There are a few things that you can do to increase your public watch hours:
- Use descriptive and keyword rich titles
- Optimize your thumbnail image
- Provide quality content that educates, entertains, or both
- Promote your videos on social media and other websites
- Use annotations and end screens to encourage people to watch more of your videos
- Engage with your audience in the comments section
What if I don’t have a lot of public watch hours?
If you don’t have a lot of public watch hours, don’t worry! You can still be successful on YouTube. Just focus on creating high-quality content and promoting your channel. Over time, you should see your public watch hours increase.
Is YouTube Shorts Count Toward The Public Watch Hours?
Yes, YouTube Shorts are considered public watch hours.
YouTube is a great platform for sharing your content with the world. By understanding what public watch hours are and how they work, you can make sure that your channel is successful. Just remember to focus on creating high-quality content and promoting your channel. With some effort, you should see your public watch hours increase over time!
Do you have any questions about what are public watch hours on youtube? Comment below and tell us what you think!